The Memphis Suit Project Process
Connection 1: Training 1 + Suit Fitting
- Introduce Memphis Suit Project and our mission
- Get to know the recipients and build report
- Explain the importance of a first impression
- Suit Fitting by New York Suit Exchange
- Introduce and explain what is required of suit recipients (Reflection Question)
Connection 2: Training 2 at Apple Store
- Recipients are invited to a private workshop at the Apple Store in Germantown before the store opens to learn how to shoot a video on an iPad and edit it in iMovie.
- Many application essays and interviews are done on video/Skype, so it is important to have an appropriate camera presence.
Connection 3: Training 3 + Suit Gifting EVENT + CELEBRATION
- Recipients arrive early with MSP to receive their suit and get dressed, with assistance from male board members, volunteers and donors.
- Once all guests arrive, the Recipient Organization leader and MSP welcome guests and announce each recipient individually to be presented and celebrated. Guests are encouraged to cheer and loudly celebrate the men, as this helps give them confidence in their new suits.
- Memphis Suit Project explains more about the program, then extends invitation for 1-2 recipients to share the answer to their Reflection Question with the audience, giving them public speaking experience.
- Recipient Organization leader gives speech to celebrate and encourage the recipients
- When funding allows, guests enjoy a reception after the presentation
How Monetary Donations are used
(In order of priority)
- Gifting Event Celebration
- Organization Marketing